EquiManagement and Dechra Veterinary Products have teamed up to bring you three special AAEP Convention podcasts!
This special episode’s guest is Steve O’Grady, DVM, MRCVS, and a farrier with 40 years of experience, who owns Virginia Therapeutic Farriery. O’Grady discusses Lameness in the Equine Foot.
Lameness in the Foot Topics
- What are some of the most common issues veterinarians face when called out to see a “lame” horse?
- Why is history so important to a lameness diagnosis?
- Can you discuss why and how vets and farriers need to use conformation in their lameness diagnoses?
- You have said over 70% of forelimb lamenesses affect the foot. What is your “system” for working up a lameness of the foot?
- Can you talk about applying good farriery rather than applying appliances to help a lame horse?
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.