Topics covered in this episode:
- What is strangles and why is it so difficult to deal with?
- Testing for strangles
- How long does strangles live live in the environment?
- Asymptomatic strangles carriers
- Handling and active outbreak, including vaccination and dealing with weanlings
- Routes of transmission
- Endemic cycles/herd immunity
- Can we eliminate strangles?
About Dr. Rob Holland:
This episode’s guest is Robert Holland, DVM, PhD, a private practice veterinarian in the Central Kentucky area focusing on respiratory problems and infectious diseases. His topic is The Science of Strangles.
Holland received is Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the Mississippi State College of Veterinary Medicine in 1994, and he received his PhD in Veterinary Medicine: Virology, at the University of Kentucky Gluck Equine Research Center in 2001.
Holland has worked globally consulting with countries and jurisdictions to contain and prevent the spread of disease. He has worked domestically with the USDA and many state veterinarians.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.