In this episode, Dr. Scott Weese discusses what veterinarians need to know about COVID-19 and biosecurity.
Our guest on today’s episode about veterinarian biosecurity and the COVID-10 pandemic is Scott Weese, DVM, DVSc (Guelph), DACVIM, a professor at the University of Guelph’s Ontario Veterinary College. His research interests include bacterial infections in animals and humans, methicillin-resistant staphylococcal infections, Clostridium difficile, antimicrobial resistance, emerging infectious diseases, infection control. Weese also produces the Worms & Germs blog that is dedicated to promoting safe pet ownership.
Discussed in this episode:
- What do veterinarians need to understand about human coronavirus
- What precautions do ambulatory vets/staff making farm calls need to take?
- What precautions do vets/staff in equine hospitals need to take?
- Can the human coronavirus affect animals?
- Can the human coronavirus be present on the hair coat of animals?
- What can be done during the shortage of personal protective equipment and hand sanitizer?
Disease Du Jour is brought to you in 2020 by Merck Animal Health.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.