Our guest on today’s episode about EPM is Dr. Nicola Pusterla. He is a professor of equine internal medicine and dentistry at the University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine. His research focus is on equine infectious diseases with an emphasis on molecular epidemiology. Pusterla also leads the UC Davis Equine Infectious Disease Research Laboratory.
Discussed in this episode:
- Refresher on what is equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM) and what causes EPM
- What defines an EPM case?
- Insight into clinical presentation—start with good diagnosis
- Misinterpretation of clinical presentation
- When do you test for EPM?
- FDA-approved treatments available; avoid compounded products
Disease Du Jour is brought to you in 2020 by Merck Animal Health.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.