Dr. Wendy Vaala talks about equine influenza.
In this podcast episode we will cover:
- Why is it so hard to keep horses from getting equine influenza?
- Vaccination is a horse’s best protection, especially for horses that travel
- How can we get owners to vaccinate more?
- What is “flu season” and when should we vaccinate in order to offer the best protection?
- Glycoproteins of the influenza virus membrane, hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA), are important
- What have we learned from the Biosurveillance Survey?
- Better to test than guess!
- How can vets know when they need to re-vaccinate in flu-prone areas or in the face of influenza in their regions?
Disease Du Jour is brought to you in 2020 by Merck Animal Health.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.