The 42nd Lake Tahoe Equine Conference on January 27-31, 2020, in Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, Nevada, will provide in-depth presentations on:
- Lameness diagnosis
- Medical advancements including molecular diagnostics
- Diagnostic imaging
Enrollment is limited, so make your reservations now for this outstanding CE event.
This program is approved for 21 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize AAVSB’s RACE approval.
Presentations by nine speakers will provide you with up-to-date practical clinical information. Current research topics will provide summary results with an emphasis the application for the equine practitioner. This course is pending approval for 21 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize AAVSB’s RACE approval.
For more information, visit the Lake Tahoe Equine Conference website.
The Monday evening social program will provide a valuable informal discussion period with practitioners sharing their experiences. The interval between the morning and evening sessions will allow participants the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Lake Tahoe area. Downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and hiking are some of the activities available for athletically-inclined individuals. Others may choose to just relax in one of the most beautiful mountainous areas in the world or to enjoy the various Lake Tahoe attractions. Participants are encouraged to bring their family and friends.
Featured speakers at the 42nd Lake Tahoe Equine Conference are:
- Sue Dyson Equine Orthopedic Specialist and Author, Newmarket, UK
- Larry Galuppo Professor, Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, UC Davis (UCD)
- Laurie Goodrich Professor of Equine Surgery and Lameness, Orthopedic Research Center, CSU
- Abby Keegan Clinical Nutrition Consultant, Equine Application and Innovation, Cargill
- Isabelle Kilcoyne Assistant Professor, Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, UCD
- Margo MacPherson Professor, Large Animal Reproduction, University of Florida
- Gary Magdesian Professor, Department of Veterinary Medicine and Epidemiology, UCD
- Nathan Slovis Director, McGee Center, Hagyard Medical Institute, Lexington, KY
- Susan Stover Professor, Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Cell Biology, UCD
Climate and Clothing
Alpine weather conditions prevail, resulting in sharp differences between daytime and nighttime temperatures. Casual and informal attire is appropriate for daytime and evening dress.
Housing and Transportation
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe. These rooms will be held until January 8, 2020.
Reno International Airport is 38 miles from the Hyatt Lake Tahoe. Ground transportation is available by calling the concierge at 775-832-1234.
For more information about the conference, contact Program Coordinator Dr. Sharon Spier, 8140 Olive School Lane, Winters, CA 95694; or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A block of rooms has been set aside for the 42nd Lake Tahoe Equine Conference at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe at Incline Village, Nevada.
The following information relates to our group:
Group: LAKE TAHOE EQUINE CONFERENCE
Arrival ..…………………………............. January 26, 2020
Single or Double .….…………..…… $179.00/night
Reservation Cut-off Date …...….January 8, 2020
Check in Time..……………………..... After 4:00 P.M.
Check out Time …………….……….. 11:00 A.M.
Reservation Telephone ……….…...800-233-1234
The Hyatt staff can answer other questions related to hotel lodging if you contact the hotel directly at 775-832-1234.
We Appreciate Our Sponsors!
The 42nd Tahoe Equine Conference would like to thank our sponsors, who have contributed to making this an outstanding program.
- American Regent
- Auburn Laboratories
- Aurora Pharmaceuticals
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Kentucky Performance Products
- MAI Animal Health
- Merck Animal Health
- MWI Animal Health
- Nucleus Regenerative Therapies
- Patterson Equine
- Platinum Performance
- Sound /Antech
- Universal Imaging
- Vetel Diagnostics
- Wedgewood Pharmacy
There are still a few sponsorship opportunities available. To learn more about sponsorship options at the 42nd Lake Tahoe Equine Conference, contact Dr. Sharon Spier, 8140 Olive School Lane, Winters, CA 95694; or email her at email@example.com.