The American Association of Equine Practitioners, the world’s largest professional association for equine veterinarians, is now hiring for the position of communications coordinator. The primary purpose of this position is to work with the director of marketing and public relations to develop communication and marketing strategies that promote the association’s mission and strategic initiatives within the equine and veterinary industries.
Primary job duties include the following:
- Assists in the development of communication materials on key issues affecting the membership, the association and the profession, including the AAEP Foundation.
- Develops content for the AAEP’s web site and various social media platforms.
- Writes and edits the AAEP’s bi-weekly e-newsletter as well as additional e-communications as needed.
- Writes and distributes news releases.
- Serves as a liaison for media requests and initiates contact with the media for AAEP news items. Maintains AAEP media database.
- Ensures implementation standards are met for the AAEP brand marketing program.
- Assists with coordination of the On Call Program.Coordinates special projects related to AAEP events such as the Annual Convention.
Required skills include:
- Strong writing skills for various platforms, including web, social and print
- Social media marketing experience
- Proofreading and editing
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Customer service attitude
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Prefer at least five years of experiences in communications or marketing
- Familiarity with the horse or veterinary industry is helpful but not required
The AAEP is headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. For more information or to apply, please contact Sally Baker, director of marketing and public relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-233-0147.