Joseph E. Steinmetz, PhD, Executive Vice President and Provost of Ohio State University, has announced that the search committee for the dean of the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine has been set.
"As you recall, Dr. Lonnie King, dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine, executive dean of the health sciences colleges and Ruth Stanton Chair in Veterinary Medicine, announced an extension of his five-year appointment through August 2015," said Steinmetz. "In this regard, it is time to launch a national search for a new dean, and I am pleased to share the news of the search committee."
Dr. Henry Mann, Dean of the College of Pharmacy, has agreed to serve as the search committee’s chair. The other search committee members include:
- Teresa Burns, assistant professor-clinical, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences
- Shraddha Cantara, student representative
- Christopher Frasure, instructional laboratory supervisor, Department of Veterinary Biosciences
- Rebecca Garabed, associate professor, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- Wondwossen Gebreyes, professor, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- Ronald Hendrick, senior associate dean, College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
- Gary Holfinger, Toledo Suburban Animal Clinics
- Mary McLoughlin, associate professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences
- Stefan Niewiesk, professor, Department of Veterinary Biosciences
- Daniel Sedmak, senior associate vice president for global health, College of Medicine
- Maxey Wellman, professor, Department of Veterinary Biosciences
Non-Voting, Ex Officio:
- Wayne Carlson, vice provost for undergraduate studies and dean of undergraduate education
"I look forward to meeting with the committee members soon to give them their charge and to launch the search, and then the search committee will develop and share a position description and solicit nominations," he said. "Many thanks for your continued support of the College of Veterinary Medicine and of the university."