The University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine recently published a list of funded grants for 2021-2022.
Grants Recently Awarded Through Support From CEH Donors:
- Investigating the Timing, Magnitude, and Duration of Muscle Activation in the Equine Forelimb During Jumping
- Elucidating host-pathogen interaction in the equine placenta during nocardioform placentitis
- Elucidation of Effective Antibiotic Treatments for Equine Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis Infections Using Longitudinal Comparative Population Genomics
- Bolstering tenogenesis with Vitamin C supplementation
- Leading Limb and Hoof Contact Effects on Hindlimb Kinematics and Hoof Translation in Show Jumping Horses
- Investigation of the diagnostic accuracy of the serum to CSF antibody titer ratio against Sarcocystis neurona, to support a laboratory diagnosis of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis
- PET imaging of the racehorse fetlock after surgical repair of fracture
- Does Inhibition of Centrally-Acting Catecholamines Cause Fentanyl to Decrease Isoflurane MAC in Horses?
- Investigation of role of equids in the COVID-19 pandemic through serological and molecular testing
- Regulation of gene expression in the equine placenta; what makes the placenta function?
- Gene expression of equine cumulus cells during oocyte maturation: in vitro and in vivo conditions
- A pilot study of intratumoral injections of interleukin-2 (IL-2) for equine melanomas
- Histologic examination and isolation of keratinolytic microorganisms involved in equine white line disease
- Investigation of newly discovered viruses in the nasal secretions of healthy and sick horses
- Genetic Investigation of Coat Color and Ocular Phenotypes for the Pioneer Horse Health Project
- Can cumulus cells during in vitro maturation predict successful fertilization and embryo development in horses?
- Are equine oral squamous cell carcinoma lesions associated with equine papillomavirus?
For more information from UC Davis visit their website.