If you are attending the WVC 91 Conference in Las Vegas on February 17-20, make sure to add the "Intra-Oral DR Radiology Laboratory in Equids" lab to your agenda!
Enrollment in Conference labs is limited, so sign up today to save your space!
This laboratory demonstrates and provides valuable hands-on experience with the newest techniques used to obtain excellent equine intra-oral/dental radiographs, a service you should be adding to your practice offerings!
Lab presenters are Jon Gieche, DVM, FAVD EQ, DAVDC EQ, Owner, Kettle Moraine Equine Hospital, and Mark Skeels, DVM, Cuattro Imaging.
- Hour 1: Review of the DR equipment, its operating software and proper intra-oral(I/O)/dental technique
- Hour 2: Split into teams of two and practice acquiring intra oral radiographs on equine cadavers
- Hour 3: Fine tune your I/O Techniques focussing on the projections most relevant to your practice
- Hour 4: Review radiographs as a group to identify ways to further improve techniques and Q & A time
- To learn the proper hands on techniques of intra oral/dental DR radiology
- To practice Intra oral/dental DR radiology using the latest generation equipment
- To review and assess radiographs taken to improve positioning and technique
- To return to practice confident in acquiring excellent intra oral/dental radiographs
Attending veterinarians are strongly encouraged to attend the two equine session lectures that compliment this lab that are taught Jon M. Gieche, DVM, FAVD EQ, DAVDC EQ.
- 7:30 AM Why Every Practitioner Should be Providing Equine Dental Radiology Services
- 8:30 AM Any Practitioner Can Use/Perform Intra-Oral Radiology in the Equine Patient! What's New in Intra-Oral Techniques
Veterinarians must be registered for the annual Conference to participate in the labs. Course Fee for this lab is $225. You can enroll now online.