The Mexican Association of Veterinary Physicians Specialists in Equines (AMMVEE) is holding its annual Congress January 13-15, 2021. There are many great topics and speakers during this three-day Congress.
Speakers on January 13 include:
- Dr. Dereck Knottenbelt—Animal Welfare
- Dr. Sue Dyson—Understanding the horse-rider-tack interrelationship
- Dr. Steve Reed—Differentiating between ataxia, lameness or a combination
- Dr. Dirk Vanderwall—Using oxytocin to suppress estrus
- Dr. Sue McDonnell—Starting a novice breeding stallion; Understanding and managing aggression in breeding stallions
Speakers on January 14 include:
Dr. Frank Andrews—Ultrasound evaluation of horse with acute colic; Update on gastric ulcers; Parameters for colic referral
- Dr. Claude Ragle—Transrectal palpation; Diagnosis and management of rectal tears
- Dr. David Freeman—Small intestine resection; Surgical disease of the small colon; Cecal surgery
- Dr. Sharon Norton—Joints in foals
- Dr. Tania Cubitt—Gut health and the microbiome; reading a feed label; feeding the performance horse;
- Dr. Knottenbelt—Disease and injury of adnexal structures; Ocular and periocular neoplasia; Uveitis
- Dr. Ann Dwyer—Anatomy and physiology equine eye; Equine eye exam and stallside testing; Equine corneal ulcers
Speakers on January 15 include:
- Dr. Reed—Evaluation of neurologic disease; EPM; Equine degenerative myeloencephalopathy; Cervical vertebral malformation
- Dr. Ragle—Imaging the equine head
- Dr. Nathan Slovis—Prevention and outbreak management foal diarrhea; R. equi; Biosecurity of horse farms
- Dr. Michael Schramme—Mistakes that can be made reviewing diagnostic analgesia during lameness exam; Navicular syndrome; Local anesthetics
There is a commercial Expo that accompanies the Congress.
Download a PDF of the AMMVEE Program here.
Visit the 2021 Congress website here.