The British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) is recognized by the veterinary industry for providing some of the best educational courses for vets and vet nurses, and practical continuing professional development (CPD) plays a pivotal role.
During the remainder of 2021, members and non-members can benefit from a diverse range of practical, face-to-face courses, including the BEVA fundamentals series. There is also a series of online courses with new content being added regularly. As ever, all courses are taught by experienced practitioners who ensure a compelling and high-quality learning experience.
Upcoming Practical Courses
- Fundamentals of lameness, laminitis and farriery, 20 May
- Fundamentals of radiography and ultrasound 6 June
- BEVA Approved: BARTA veterinary responder course, 14 June
- Pre-purchase examination—the essentials, 6 July
- The equine back, 10 July
- Fundamentals of the skin, eyes, medicines and difficult moments, 21 July
- Fundamentals of sedation, field anaesthesia and castration, 15 September
- Event incident management, 30 September
- Fundamentals of equine emergencies, 6 October
- Pre purchase examination – the essentials, 18 October
- Foot and farriery, 8 November
- Fundamentals of gastroenterology, 11 November
- Interactive cardiology workshop, 11 November
- Fundamentals of dentistry, 20 November
- Dentistry – the next steps, 21 November
- Equine ophthalmology, 29 November
Upcoming Online Courses
- From superfoods to supplements: how to know more than the owner, 7 July
- Advanced theoretical equine dental technicians course, 19 August
- Advanced theoretical equine dental technicians course—online discussion only in preparation for the BEVA/BVDA examination, 19 August
- Advanced imaging discussion forum, 14 October
- Advanced reproduction discussion forum, 1 December
Strict COVID safety precautions are in force for each course; pre course lateral flow tests are compulsory for all attendees, numbers are strictly limited, face masks are required and hand sanitation sites are available.
BEVA has received great feedback from the courses held so far:
- "Knowledgeable speakers, perfect mix of physiology and research with clinical practice"
- "Academically and practically stimulating. Plenty of food for thought and generally very well delivered."
- "A really great course with well-balanced lecture and practical elements. The speakers as always did not disappoint, and the course notes were good quality too. I would highly recommend this course to any equine vet."
- "Excellent practical approach to advanced Equine repro. Good group sizes, great discussion, excellent location."
To search for CPD to suit your needs and to sign up visit BEVA.org.