Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health announced the recipients of the 2022 Advancement in Equine Research Awards. The announcement took place during the 68thannual American Association of Equine Practitioners Convention in San Antonio, TX, November 18-22. The recipients were chosen based on their research proposals centered on equine infectious respiratory disease and equine asthma syndrome.
Recipients include the following:
- Renaud Leguillette, DVM, MSc., PhD, DACVIM, ACVSMR and Macarena Sanz, DVM, PhD, DACVIM — University of Calgary College of Veterinary Medicine, Calgary, AB, Canada
- Shadira Gordon, DVM, MPVM and Nicola Pusterla, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, DAVDC —University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
- Noah D. Cohan, VMD, MPH, PhD — Texas AgriLife Research College of Veterinary Medicine, College Station, Texas
- Shannon Massie, MS and Renaud Leguillette, DVM, MSc., PhD, DACVIM, ACVSMR — University of Calgary College of Veterinary Medicine, Calgary, AB, Canada
- Shadira Gordon, DVM, MPVM, Nicola Pusterla, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, DAVDC and Beatriz Martinez Lopez, DVM, MPVM, PhD — University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
In support of their research, each recipient will receive $15,000. Boehringer Ingelheim has now given more than $700,000 towards the advancement of equine research since 2011.
“At Boehringer Ingelheim, we acknowledge that the health and well-being of animals is pivotal to the success and development of human life. Our dedication and passion for the advancement of equine research makes Boehringer Ingelheim a global leader in its field,” said Steve Grubbs, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, equine technical manager for Boehringer Ingelheim. “Previous award recipients have made novel research advancements in equine infectious and non-infectious respiratory diseases. We anticipate that this year’s grantees will follow suit.”
Those eligible to submit proposals were veterinarians, diagnosticians, and public and private researchers in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
For more information about the Advancement in Equine Research Awards, click here.