Working under the supervision of the Equestrian Operations Director, the Veterinarian Technician is responsible for the good health and well-being of horses on tour. This position requires working variable shifts.
- Plan and provide treatments and nutritional programs for horses;
- Monitor the horses’ health and provide treatment if necessary;
- Coordinate treatment with the veterinarian;
- Order food and medical supplies;
- Make sure that the stables are conform to hygiene and safety measures;
- Supervise the maintenance of the equipment and monitor the inventory;
- Participate in set-up/tear down of the stables;
- Assist the manager in transporting the horses between cities;
- Provide help backstage during shows;
- Perform all other tasks related to the site maintenance and smooth running of operations.
- Diploma in animal/equine health technology is an asset;
- Experience with show horses, specially stallions is an asset;
- Team and detail oriented;
- Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
To be discussed.
Transportation, lodging, food and per diem are provided on tour.
Candidates should apply to:
Ref.: Veterinary Technician