The Board and Leadership of the American Horse Council are pleased to announce the following leadership appointments for June 2022–June 2023 term.
Board of Trustees:
- Dr. Rick Mitchell (USEF) – Chair;
- Marilyn Breuer-Bertera (USTA) – Vice Chair;
- Matt Iuliano (TJC) – Treasurer;
- Dr. Glenn Blodgett (AQHA) – Secretary;
- Jim Gagliano (TJC) – Past Chair;
- Tom O’Mara (USEF);
- Russell Williams (USTA);
- Don Marean (USTA);
- David Foley (AAEP);
- Joe Wilson (TRA);
- Tom Rooney (NTRA);
- Christy Landwehr – at large; Justine Staten (CSHC) – at large; and
- Austin Halvorson (Young Adult) – at large.
- Equine Welfare – Kathy Alm, CEO of PATH Intl.;
- Health & Regulatory – David Foley, ED AAEP;
- Show & Competition – Dr Billy Smith, ED APHA;
- Racing Advisory – Joe Wilson, President TRA;
- Recreation, Trails & Land Use – Randy Rasmussen, Director of Public Lands and Recreation BCHA.
About the American Horse Council
As the national association representing all segments of the horse industry in Washington, D.C., the American Horse Council works daily to represent equine interests and opportunities. Organized in 1969, the AHC promotes and protects the industry by communicating with Congress, federal agencies, the media and the industry on behalf of all horse related interests each and every day.