The Fort Worth Zoo is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic veterinary technician to join the management team of the Fort Worth Zoo in the position of Veterinary Services Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive, dynamic and comprehensive zoo animal health program.
Organization: Fort Worth Zoo (AZA Member)
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
- Supervise the technical and husbandry staff of the Zoo’s veterinary services department
- Coordinate clinical support for the veterinarians
- Oversee husbandry of the animals in the hospital and in quarantine
- Participate in technical and husbandry duties to meet the medical challenges of the Zoo’s diverse animal collection
- Associate’s degree from a two-year veterinary program or a bachelor’s degree in zoology, biology, animal husbandry, veterinary technology or a related field
- Minimum of three years experience as a veterinary technician in a zoo setting
- Supervisory and increasingly responsible technical and husbandry experience is strongly preferred
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
This position reports to the director of veterinary services, works closely with two additional full-time veterinarians and supervises 4.5 animal health technician, husbandry and procurement staff.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Final candidate must successfully pass a background check and drug screen. Position is open until Sept. 15, 2014.
Please apply online at www.fortworthzoo.org. In hard copy, please send letter of interest, résumé and three professional references to:
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76110