Established in 1994 as the AAEP Foundation and renamed in 2019 as The Foundation for the Horse, our mission is to improve the welfare of horses by funding education, research and benevolence projects.
This position is key to The Foundation’s emphasis on cultivating, soliciting and stewarding equine veterinarians, horse owners and industry leaders as part of a growing major gifts team pursuing a higher level of financial support for our vital mission.
Primary job duties include the following:
- Manage a portfolio of 125 +/- major gift donors and prospects;
- Develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies per individual donor/prospect;
- Out-of-office travel up to 23 weeks annually (mostly out-of-state, some in-state);
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors/prospects on behalf of The Foundation;
- Achieve annual performance goals regarding donor/prospect visits, solicitations, and funds raised;
- Provide timely contact reports and accurate donor data for file;
- Actively participate in team and organizational meetings;
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of nonprofit experience in fundraising/development
- Mission-driven, goal-oriented
- Equine industry experience a plus
The Foundation for the Horse is headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. Based on the candidate, remote work might be available. To apply, please submit to Dr. Paul Ransdell at firstname.lastname@example.org.